Cheshire Neighbourhood Watch Association
The main aims of the Cheshire Association are to:-
- Partner with the police and other community safety agencies to prevent crime, the fear of crime and anti social behavior in our communities, by encouraging communication between the police, Coordinators and household members.
- Increase awareness in our communities about all crime, including new crime threats. For example cybercrime, identity theft, child sexual exploitation, modern day slavery, hate crime, etc.
- Encourage all residents to take personal responsibility for their own safety and that of others, reporting information to the police and other safety agencies and to give special consideration to those who may be vulnerable.
- Foster community spirit between the diverse communities in Cheshire.
In future, we will have an Association Committee, with 8 representatives elected from the 4 local council areas in Cheshire (Cheshire East, Cheshire West & Chester, Warrington, and Halton). The Committee will be responsible for providing guidance to the Local Neighbourhood Watch Schemes, ensuring that these conform to best practice, and for liaising with Cheshire Police, the Cheshire Police and Crime Commissioner, and other agencies.
Cheshire Neighbourhood Watch Association Constitution
Cheshire Neighbourhood Watch Association and Community Structure
Consultation Documents for CNWA Cordinators to comment via e mail - Volunteer.WatchAlert@cheshire.pnn.police.uk
Consultation period: 18 December 2017 to 31st January 2018.
- Partnership Agreement between CNWA and Neighbourhood Watch Association
- Partnership Agreement between CNWA and Cheshire Constabulary